Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Mail Pilot" (1933) - Early Book Effort (20 of 20)

As a pilot, I tended to pick up items with an aerospace theme. The 1933 film "Mail Pilot" caught my attention and I ended picking up a number of items from the film. I thought I share the group with you.

While not a sketch, this "Mail Pilot" book represents one of the earlier cross-marketing efforts of Disney. The book I have is not in very good shape, but it makes a great addition to the collection.

Disney's "Mail Pilot" Book

----- DATABASE NOTES -----

Disney, Walt. Mickey Mouse The Mail Pilot. Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1933. The Big Little Book. Some of the pages at the end of the book are missing. Children’s names written in the front and back of the book. “Vitale Cashis, 47 Montgomery St., Middletown, NY.” [Item: 4.5”W x 4.5”H x 1.25”D] SeqID-0203

1 comment:

  1. I was just looking at a recent "Hake's" auction catalog, and this version of "The Mail Pilot" is supposed to be EXTREMELY rare, with a generic cover that was later replaced with the more common cover.

    ReplyDelete