Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Mail Pilot" (1933) - Mountain Pencil Background (16 of 20)

As a pilot, I tended to pick up items with an aerospace theme. The 1933 film "Mail Pilot" caught my attention and I ended picking up a number of items from the film. I thought I share the group with you.

A nice sketch of a mountain top for the film. I thought it had a "Matterhorn" look.

Mountain Sketch


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Mail Pilot” (1933). Background layout of mountain -- strong peak with shading on right. Unusual 2-hole punch on right side. [Unframed Item: 12"W x 8-5/8"H. Inner: 9-3/16"W x 6-7/8"H] Acquired 1995. SeqID-0256 8/14/2005

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for posting all these "Mail Pilot" pieces. They're extrardinarily beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michael... I really appreciate your comments...

    -bob

    ReplyDelete