Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Mail Pilot" (1933) - Pencil Background Of Mountains (18 of 20)

As a pilot, I tended to pick up items with an aerospace theme. The 1933 film "Mail Pilot" caught my attention and I ended picking up a number of items from the film. I thought I share the group with you.

This is a great background of the mountains -- Rough, jagged, imposing! Good detail on the trees. Nice "donut" cloud formation around the highest mountain. Notice the 2-hole punch on the reverse side.

Mountain Background


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Mail Pilot” (1933). Stu -- "Early Disney version of the Rockies." Background of Rockies. "Snow stops here" Pencil background with 2-hole punch on right -- left may have been cut off. [Item: 12-7/8"W x 9"H] Acquired 1998. SeqID-0383

No comments:

Post a Comment