Search This Blog

Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Mail Pilot" (1933) - Pete Waits For Mickey (15 of 20)

As a pilot, I tended to pick up items with an aerospace theme. The 1933 film "Mail Pilot" caught my attention and I ended picking up a number of items from the film. I thought I share the group with you.

Another great image of Pete! Waiting for Mickey with his plane running and parked on the side of the mountain -- like an awaiting motorcycle... Good detail of Pete, the plane and the mountains in the background. I especially like the pencils with strong, dark pencil lines -- they add a certain "!" to the drawing that is often lost in the translation to a cel.

Pete Waits For Mickey


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Mail Pilot” (1933). Pete (also known as “Black Pete” & “Peg Leg Pete”) is on top of a mountain, looking over the top -- looking for Mickey. His plane is "parked" to the side of the mountain. 2-hole punch on the left side. [Unframed Item: 12"W x 8.5"H] SeqID-0730 8/3/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment